COVID-19 Update for Artists
August 4, 2020
Please view this year's Artist Benefit Package and Key Dates & Deadlines through the links below for full details on participating in the 2020 Eastside Culture Crawl.
November 2-9 Virtual Preview Week
November 12-15 Open Studios
Thurs & Fri: 5pm–10pm / Sat & Sun: 11am–6pm
November 19-22 Open Studios
Thurs & Fri: 5pm–10pm / Sat & Sun: 11am–6pm
We are offering extended festival dates this year to provide a greater opportunity for as many visitors as possible to safely attend limited, in-person studio visits. Artists are not required to open their studios for both weekends to participate in the 2020 Crawl (see the Artist Benefit Package for further details).
Given the challenges of this year, we will continue to offer the Early Bird Registration Fee for artists until the program registration deadline on September 14th, 2020.
Any artist who has already paid the regular registration fee will be issued a refund for the difference.
EARLY BIRD FEE
$145 + GST
April 20 – September 14, 2020
$185 + GST
After September 14, 2020
* We highly recommend artists register before September 14 *
Many features of this year’s Crawl will be unavailable to artists registering after this date. See 2020 Key Dates & Deadlines for full details.
How To Register
For RETURNING artists
If you are a returning artist your online presence is deactivated as of April 20, 2020
Once you have registered your artist profile will be back online
- PAY THE MEMBERSHIP FEE
Login to your account to register online. To pay by cheque or e-transfer see payment instructions below
- UPDATE YOUR ARTIST PROFILE
Login to your account to update your artist profile if needed
If you do not fill out your online artist profile you will not be listed online or in the program
For NEW Artists
- CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Create a new account on the Crawl website here
- SUBMIT A NEW ARTIST APPLICATION
Login to your new account and you will land on the New Artist Application form
Please review the eligibility criteria at the bottom of this page before submitting your application
Applications can take several days to process so make sure to submit well in advance of deadlines
The deadline to submit a new artist application is November 13 at 5pm
- PAY THE Participant FEE
If your application is approved you will be able to proceed to register as a Culture Crawl artist
Login to your account to register online or follow the link in your approval email
To pay by cheque or e-transfer see the payment instructions below
- COMPLETE YOUR ARTIST PROFILE
Login to your account to fill out your artist profile
Once you have filled out your online artist profile you will appear in our online artist listings
If you do not fill out your online artist profile you will not be listed in the print program
If you wish to make other payment arrangements, such as cash, contact us at email@example.com or 778-379-4545
- Login to your account to pay online
- If you pay online your Culture Crawl registration will automatically be activated
- Online payment is via PayPal (through PayPal you will also have the option to pay by credit card)
- When making your online payment, please make sure to enter the same email address that is associated with your Crawl artist account.
- To ensure accuracy for listings, website search, membership list and payment, please use one form for each artist registering and make payments seperately.
- If you pay by e-transfer it will take a few days to manually activate your registration
- Please send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email the answer to the security question to email@example.com along with your name and the email address associated with your Crawl artist account
Paying By Cheque
- If you pay by cheque it will take a few days to manually activate your registration
- Please make cheques payable to ECCS
- Please include a note with your name and the email address associated with your Crawl artist account
- Cheques may be mailed to or dropped off at either of these 2 locations:
716 E Hastings St
Vancouver, BC V6A 1R5
Please note: our office is currently closed to the public. If dropping off, please put payment through the mail-slot (to the left of the door under the window).
#108-1000 Parker St
Vancouver, BC V6A 2H2
Please note: 1000 Parker is currently closed to the public so you will only be able to access the building if you are a tenant there. If you are dropping off, slide your payment under the door of suite 108.
- The registration refund deadline is September 4, 2020
- There will be a $35 administration processing fee
- To request a refund contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-379-4545
If you have any questions and/or technical difficulties please contact us at 778-379-4545
Key Dates for 2020
- Refund deadline
You may request a refund up to Friday, September 4, 2020. We are unable to offer a refund after this date as there are significant advanced fixed costs we have committed to in order to successfully deliver the festival this year. All refund requests received on September 4, 2020 or prior will be honoured, less the $35 admin processing fee, and refunds will be issued in the form of payment they were received. To request a refund please email email@example.com
- Early Bird Fee Deadline
- Program Deadline
You MUST register and complete your online artist profile by September 14 to be included in the program & virtual catalogue. We highly recommend artists register before September 14 (see note in orange under Registration Dates above).
- Media Relations Checklist Deadline
Deadline to submit your information to the Crawl's publicity team for media consideration. A media relations form will be sent out to all artists.
- Building Intake Form Deadline *NEW*
Buildings with artist studios that wish to open to the public for limited in-person studio visits MUST complete our intake form by October 2. This will be sent to building reps in the coming weeks.